Sunday, March 28

'Going de-glam was new for me'


She first appeared on the film scene with Yahaan in 2005. Since then Minissha Lamba has acted in a couple of films like Bachna Ae Haseeno and Kidnap.

The films didn't exactly set the box office on fire though her skimpy outfits in Kidnap did manage to keep her in the news.

Now, the actress hopes that she will be noticed for her acting in this Friday's release Well Done Abba directed by Shyam Benegal, where she sports a de-glam look. After all she is playing a village school kid in the movie, which also stars Boman Irani and Sammir Dattani.

Nithya Ramani finds out more. Excerpts:

You don't look gaon ki ladki in anyway...

[Laughs] This is indeed something I have never done before. I play a village girl Muskaan. She's a school-going kid in pigtails, who wears a white salwar kurta with a well-pleated blue dupatta. I have no clue how Shyam sir saw Muskaan in me!

I got a call from his office asking me to meet him, and that he had a role for me in his next film. I didn't think twice, because it was Shyam sir! I was willing to do any role he offered me, as long as I was working with him.

Well Done Abba is a comedy, a political satire and a very entertaining film. Muskaan isn't the stereotypical village girl. She is bold, confident and lives her life on her own terms.

Her father -- Abba aka Armaan Ali -- is a progressive Muslim, who does something to deserve a pat on the back.


Image: A scene from Well Done Abba

No comments:

Powered By Blogger