Thursday, October 7

'I had fun singing for Anjaana Anjaani'

Former Indian Idol contestant Monali Thakur -- best known as the playback singer of songs like Zara Zara Touch Me and Khwab Dekhe Jhoothe Moothe from Race -- made her latest number from Anjaana Anjaani very peppy, and popular.

She talks to Rajul Hegde about music, boyfriend Meiyang Chang -- another former Idol contestant -- and much more. She also gives us a taste of her music -- just click on the videos for a dekho.

The title track of Anjaani Anjaana has become quite popular.

It feels amazing because it's the first time that I have worked with (music director duo) Vishal-Shekar. They are my favourite composers and I'm happy that the song has clicked. I loved the song because of its youthful feel.

How was it working with the musical duo?

Recording was fun. Vishal-Shekar are amazing. Working with them was an honour. They give creative space to others. I had fun singing this track because it's a party track. The first recording was done in 10 minutes while the final dubbing took less than 30 minutes.

Shekar told me to make the song young and peppy. It's a total party song. The tempo itself demands fun and energy.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger