Saturday, January 14

Hrithik: I did not want to do a remake


Hrithik Roshan is taking a huge risk by trying to step into the shoes of Amitabh Bachchan in the remake ofAgneepath.
The actor seems to be confident that he will surely succeed in the new film.
He tells Patcy N why, in the first part of this two-part interview.
What was your first reaction when producer Karan Johar approached you for Agneepath?
When Karan approached me, I said I don't want to do a remake, why destroy the sanctity of a classic? That, too, in a film like Agneepath in which Mr Bachchan has done an amazing job. Karan Johar, being a friend, just forced me to hear the script.
I was absolutely shocked when I heard the narration; that script went through all the layers, it touched me, even though I am an actor who does not want to work in remakes.
It just broke through all the barriers and hit me hard. When the narration was over, I knew I had to do this film.
How different is this film from the earlier one?
Not totally different because the basic story is the same. But the chapter of the journey has changed, the people have changed and the characters are new.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger