Sunday, February 21

'I feel like doing a typical Bollywood film'


During the promotion of his 2008 film Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye!, Abhay Deol had once posted on passionforcinema.com (a website where quite a few film personalities share their cinematic views) that he hated promoting films. 'Can I risk saying that the part of films I hate most, is promoting it? It's not about the ego, it's not about projecting an image, it's not about being lazy or anything else you might think. The truth is, I love making movies but I just don't have it in me to sell them. I am an actor not a salesman, but most people seem to think that the two are the same,' he wrote.

And during my many interactions with him, Abhay's decreasing interest in giving interviews has become more and more apparent.

At the film promotion of his March release, Road, Movie, we try to capture Abhay Deol once again. Here's what he had to say:

What made you sign Road, Movie?

I always try to do different kinds of films. When I read the script of Road, Movie, I felt the story idea was novel, something I had not seen it in Bollywood before. I have seen (director) Dev Benegal's (earlier) work and have liked it. I love to travel and wanted to see Rajasthan, where this film was shot. So I decided to do this film.

I play Vishnu. His father owns an oil company. He wants me to take the family business forward. But Vishnu has plans of his own. At the first opportunity that he gets, he leaves his hometown and explores the world.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger