Thursday, July 2

'I am not Shah Rukh, who charms people'


Akshaye Khanna is quite the elusive actor, who shows up only when his films are up for release. The actor puts down his behaviour to 'ultra shyness.'

He talks to Nithya Ramani about his film, Short Kut: The Con Is On, costarring Arshad Warsi and Amrita Rao. He also tells us why he thinks he did not make it to the A-list category in spite of being in the film industry for a little more than a decade.

What is Short Kut about?

It is about two characters -- a struggling actor, who wants to be a star and a struggling writer, who wants to become a great director. It is how these two achieve their goals. They have been friends for long but cannot stand each other.

I play Shekar and Arshad plays Raju. He steals my script and becomes a superstar. But I continue my struggle to make my way on top. There is a romantic track between Shekar and Mansi (Amrita Rao).

He sometimes gets tempted to take shortcuts but believes that there are no shortcuts in life.

It's a fun, entertaining film, with excellent characterizations.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger