Sunday, November 15

'I miss my Ghajini body'


Aamir Khan looks good with Kareena Kapoor; the new promos of 3 Idiots' song Zoobie Doobie prove that. And when the actors promoted the number at a press meet, they looked very comfortable with each other.

Aamir tells Patcy N what to expect from the song, and the Rajkumar Hirani film. Read on.

You have crossed 40. But you're still playing a college student.

When this film was offered to me, I had told Raju (Rajkumar Hirani) and Vinod (Vidhu Vinod Chopra, producer) that they were taking a dangerous decision; that I won't be able to play a college student. But Raju told me that the character Rancho was like me. We argued a lot on this. But I had liked the story. Plus, Raju and I wanted to work with each other.

Two days before the shoot started in Bangalore, I even called Raju and Vinod and told them that they could change their decision. But they didn't want to.

Raju told me that when I did Sarfarosh, nobody thought I could pull off the role of an ACP (Assistant Commissioner of Police), or that I could play a tapori in Rangeela. Nobody thought I could play a villager in Lagaan or have a physique like that in Ghajini. So he said that I had taken up these challenges in the past, and should take up another challenge. Plus, I had already worked on my body to look younger and leaner.

It's a challenge for an actor to do different kinds of characters like playing an 80 year old man or a woman. So I have taken up the challenge now and will wait for the audience reaction.


Image: Kareena Kapoor and Aamir Khan in Zoobie Doobie song from 3 Idiots

No comments:

Powered By Blogger