Friday, December 25

'SRK was the first choice for 3 Idiots'


Rajkumar Hirani has moved on from his blockbuster Munnabhai series to 3 Idiots, from Sanjay Dutt to Aamir Khan.

The director, who landed on the Bollywood map out of nowhere, tells Patcy N what to expect from his new film, out on Christmas Day.

What made you decide to take on 3 Idiots after announcing Munnabhai Chale Amerika?

I was slightly exhausted doing two back-to-back Munnabhai movies. And for the third part, I would have to think about Munnabhai and Circuit again -- the same style, clothes and everything. I wasn't too excited about that. Also, I thought that if I write a script, it may not be as exciting.

On the other hand, I had the germ of an idea of 3 Idiots. I was trying to concentrate on Munnabhai but my mind would think about 3 Idiots. In the end, I realised I had written more on 3 Idiots than Munnabhai. So I decided to make that.

Now that 3 Idiots is done and my mind is fresh, I will work on Munnabhai Chale Amerika.


Image: A scene from 3 Idiots. Inset: Rajkumar Hirani

No comments:

Powered By Blogger