Tuesday, January 26

3 Idiots' Chatur opens up!


Chatur Ramlingam or Silencer thrilled us to bits in 3 Idiots, with his embarrassing and foolish ways. And we were introduced to the hilarious 27-year-old Omi Vaidya.

Born and brought up in the US, Omi is the grand-nephew of noted editor Das Dhaimade, who has worked in films like of Gunga Jamuna, Abhimaan, Bawarchi, Guddi and Namak Halal.

The Maharashtrian lad opens up to Patcy N.

Tell us about yourself.

I live in Culver City, Los Angeles, but my native place is Goa. I have been coming to Mumbai during my summer vacations but have never liked it because of the hot climate.

Getting a role in the US is very difficult. I have done some ads and acted in American serials like The Office, Arrested Development, Kath And Kim, Bones and CSI: Las Vegas. I did courses in editing, direction and writing in New York.



Image: Omi Vaidya in a scene from 3 Idiots

No comments:

Powered By Blogger