Sunday, January 3

I fall in love everyday, says loverboy Ranbir Kapoor


Ranbir Kapoor has come a long way. Five films and one much publicised celebrity affair later, the dashing Kapoor scion has carved a niche in filmdom. Embracing his Casanova ways and passion for cinema, the stunning hunk, with each passing film, is proving to be more than just a Kapoor. Overtly modest and exceedingly flirtatious, the actor in a candid chat with Swati Chaturvedi of Spicezee.com spoke about love, life and his films on her show Kahiye Janab.

Swati: You have been voted as the sexiest man alive. How does it feel?

Ranbir:There is nothing sexy about me. I have a long nose; big cheeks, long face, broad forehead and my legs are too thin. So I am anything but sexy. But I believe that handsome is as a handsome does. See, in my field you have to blank out all these things. I am an actor and the sole reason of my being is to act and give good performances. I try not to get carried away with such things.

Swati:You are very modest unlike your cousin Kareena. So, where do you get this humble streak from?

Ranbir:I believe everyone is an individual and they can say what they please. I believe that whatever I am today it’s because of my family. But I want to make a place of my own. I want people to acknowledge me for my work not because I am someone’s son, brother or grandson.

Swati:According to you, who is the most entertaining Kapoor?

Ranbir:My grandma. She has an amazing sense of humour and I feel who ever has a sense of humour in my family gets it from her.

Swati:Your father Rishi Kapoor is a funny man, who is also known to be very strict…

Ranbir:Yes he is. In fact even I am very scared of him. He is a very passionate person, who speaks his mind. He doesn’t hide his feelings. If he likes something, he appreciates it and vice versa. He is my biggest critic. I won’t say I have a friendly relationship with my father. Our relationship has a lot of respect and admiration. He is my inspiration.

Swati:Being a Kapoor, did you have any other career option?

Ranbir:I feel if I wouldn’t have been an actor, then I would have been trying to be one. But I am very fortunate that I have got the opportunity to act with brilliant directors and production houses. But I was never forced into acting, nor did I compel my parents to get me films. I was never good in studies. I was always a 39.5 percent with grace marks student so it’s good that I am a Kapoor.

Swati:Your towel-dropping scene in ‘Saawariya’ generated a huge controversy. So were you wearing anything under the towel?

Ranbir:No. I was absolutely naked. And fortunately or unfortunately the censor board edited it. Mr Bhansali had a concept that when a young man would fall in love he would act in a certain way. And the towel dropping act was a guy’s private moment.

Swati:So did you drop the towel when you fell in love for the first time?

Ranbir:No. There is nothing like that or else I will have to drop the towel everyday. I fall in love everyday.

Swati:And why is that?

Ranbir:I don’t know. Maybe it’s because I have a lot of love to give.


Swati:So, are you single?

Ranbir:See if I am not married it means that I am single. But if you ask me whether I am in a relationship or not then I feel that I am not a reality TV star and my personal life is something I don’t want to talk about. I am an actor and I would like if people would only talk about my films and my work.

Swati:But have you and Deepika broken up?

Ranbir:If I will say ‘yes’ to you, then tomorrow ten other people will ask me ten other odd questions. Thousand of stories will be generated and that will just create more misunderstanding. So I would like to stay clear of all this for now.

Swati:How was it working with Katrina?

Ranbir:Oh, she is really talented and a very passionate person. We had a blast while shooting ‘Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani’. I think she deserves a lot of appreciation as she has come a long way. I mean for someone who did not even know the language, Katrina has achieved a lot.

Swati:Were you disappointed after your debut film ‘Saawariya’ flopped?

Ranbir:Of course I was. I had worked hard for two years on that film. And then it was also my first film so I did feel bad. But then, I tasted failure with my debut film so it made me grounded. I took it positively.

Swati:It has been widely speculated that your father wasn’t in favour of you acting in ‘Wake Up Sid’ that went on to be a huge hit.

Ranbir:No, there is no such thing. My dad doesn’t interfere in my career’s decisions. In fact he loved the film. Yes, the film was not as per his taste. I think that he likes ‘Ajab Prem Ki Ghajab Kahani’ better than ‘Wake up Sid’. But he has loved all my films so far.

Swati:You have been quoted as saying that Dr Manmohan Singh is the most asardar Sardar

Ranbir:Of course he is. He is so revered worldwide. And he has done so much good for our country. I think when citizens complain about the government, they should realise that he has done a lot for the betterment of our nation and we should respect him for that.

Swati:What attracts you in a film?

Ranbir:The script and the character. I am very instinctive when it comes to signing a film. I don’t take time to think over a film. I don’t think after doing a comedy that now I should do an action film. I follow my heart and give it my best.

Swati:People often compare you to Shah Rukh Khan..

Ranbir:No one should be compared to Shah Rukh Khan. He is a very talented actor, who has a great body of work. And I am sure it’s very insulting for him to read such statements. I am a newcomer, there is long way for me to go. I have to prove myself. Let me stay in the industry for ten years and if you think the same then, you can make such statements.

Swati:Who is your favourite director?

Ranbir:It is Sanjay Leela Bhansali. He was my first director and I have learnt a lot from him.

Swati:Which of the many Raj Kapoor movies is your favourite?

Ranbir:I like so many of them, but Shri 420 and Jagte Raho are my all time favourite.

Swati:Which of you dad’s film is you favourite?

Ranbir:Oh I love all his films. I am huge fan of my dad’s work.

Swati:And your mom’s?

Ranbir: I am very shy about my mother. I feel that no one has the right to judge her. I don’t see her movies. I don’t even like to acknowledge that she was ever an actress. She is just my mom to me.

Adapted by Tanu Talwar

No comments:

Powered By Blogger