Wednesday, August 5

'It is not easy to be a hero for 25 years'


After Partner, Govinda hopes to churn out another hit in Life Partner, directed by writer-turned-director Rumi Jaffery. The film co-starring Fardeen Khan, Genelia D'Souza, Tusshar Kapoor, Prachi Desai and Amrita Rao sees Govinda playing a divorce lawyer.

Patcy N got to talk to him about Life Partner, and his long innings in Bollywood.

What are you trying to convey in your forthcoming film Life Partner?

The film is about how you should be with your life partner, how you should take care of your life partner and work things out together. It is also about the people you meet in your life, and how you should be careful with certain types of people.

I have worked with Rumi Jaffery in Saajan Chale Sasural, Coolie No 1, Hero No 1, Haseena Maan Jayegi, Bade Miyan Chote Miyan and now Life Partner. I have given hits with him. And I plan to give a hit with Life Partner too.

You had worked with Rumi Jaffery when he was a writer. But now you are working with him as a director. How was he in his new job?

He has done a fantastic job in this film. I would say the actors were excellent as well. Even Amrita Rao, who stars opposite me in the film, is very good. I am working with her for the first time in this film. She has tremendous confidence. I have seen the film and I think she has done a great job.

I think everything is good about this film because of the script's simplicity. It says very simply: aap pyar ko rishte ka naam dena chahte hai, par jab rishte ko pyaar dena bhool jaate hai toh rishte kharab hojate hai.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger