Wednesday, August 19

Meet Ranbir's new girlfriend

Ranbir Kapoor has found himself a new girlfriend -- on screen, that is.
His upcoming film, Yash Raj Films' Rocket Singh: Salesman Of The Year, sees him opposite debutante Shazhan Padamsee.
This may be Shazhan's first film but she is not new to showbiz. Daughter of singer Sharon Prabhakar and theatre personality Alyque Padamsee, Shazhan featured in a couple of ads before she tried her luck in the movies.
The charming 21-year-old girl chats with Nithya Ramani about her first film, directed by Shimit Amin (of Chak De! India fame).
Was acting always in the cards for you?
I've always wanted to be an actor. I used to be very shy as a teenager -- very shy of the camera and the spotlight. Whenever my parents would ask me to pose for a photographer, I would hide behind my dad.
But ever since theatre happened two years ago, everything changed. My life changed.
Before theatre, I was planning on becoming a scriptwriter because I like writing. But then I joined the advertising world. I interned with Ram Madhwani [ad man, who directed the brilliant film, Let's Talk], and started training as a copywriter. I did some scriptwriting as well. In fact, I tried many things. But nothing worked out. I guess something better was waiting for me. I realised I wanted to be an actor.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger