Thursday, December 25

Asin's Christmas gift The biggest debut in bollwood



First impression: Asin's Christmas gift
By Michael Gomes, Staff Writer
Add comment>
Ghajini is the best thing to happen to me, says South Indian hottie Asin, the surprise factor in the movie. She talks to XPRESS on her experience of working with Aamir Khan.
How did you get into acting?
It was a natural progression for me. I’ve been facing the camera since the age of 14, doing commercials. At 16, I did my first movie in my mother tongue, Malayalam. This was followed by Tamil and Telugu movies. And now it’s Hindi movies.
Hindi, Telugu, Tamil. How difficult was it to learn dialogues for movies in different languages?
I have a natural flair for languages. I speak Hindi fluently. I knew Tamil and Telugu even before I started acting.
How was it working with Aamir Khan in Ghajini?
It was amazing. Aamir is a very intense and methodical actor. He’s very focused and a perfectionist. But at the same time it was fun as he’s so down-to-earth and grounded.
Did he help you in your acting?
A lot. He was very supportive and kept encouraging me all the time. He even complimented me on my Hindi and that was a big thing for me, especially since it came from Aamir.
Looks or talent, which would you say helped you in your career?
It’s a mix of both. But at the same time, you should be dedicated and willing to work hard.
Being from Kochi, was it difficult for you to adjust to Mumbai?
Not really. I am quite used to being away from home due to my modelling assignments. Besides, dad always travels with me.
And how has the Bollywood experience been so far?
Simply fabulous. I have met so many new people. I have a new circle of friends; moreover I get to see new places while shooting.
You worked in the original Ghajini in Tamil and even won an award for your role. How different was the Hindi version?
Both movies are different. The storyline of the Hindi version has been tweaked. The climax has been changed. Technically, it’s two different productions. Basically, the director has given a new perspective to the story.
Which Ghajini did you enjoy working more in?
It’s difficult to say which one. All I can say is that Bollywood was a new experience for me.
How do you plan to celebrate Christmas?
I’ll be working promoting Ghajini. Besides, I have shoots during that period. I guess I’ll cut a cake and celebrate with the crew and friends.
Isn’t it a wonderful feeling having your debut Hindi movie release on Christmas day?
Surely. I’m very lucky. It’s the best thing to happen. It’s my Christmas gift.
What’s next?
I am working in Vipul Shah’s London Dreams starring Salman Khan and Ajay Devgan.
What’s Salman like?
He’s a wonderful guy. He’s very down-to-earth. I think he’s one of the most misunderstood persons in our industry.
Ghajini releases in the UAE today.
The story so far
Loosely based on Christopher Nolan’s Hollywood movie Memento, the plot of Ghajini centers around a businessman, Sanjay, who suffers from short-term memory loss after getting a knock on his head while protecting his heart-throb from goons. A medical student Sunita studying Sanjay’s unusual behaviour gets involved in the case.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger