Tuesday, June 16

My mother didn't like me in bikini: Kareena


Mum is the word for Kareena Kapoor and the actress would go to any length to keep her mother happy. So she has decided to stay away from bikini scenes as her mother, yesteryear heroine Babita, didn't like her in a two-piece suit in 'Tashan'.

"No more bikini shots for me. I mean I'm very happy with the kind of attention and adulation I got for getting into a bikini in 'Tashan'. And I wasn't uncomfortable wearing it. Why should I be? I've the physique to carry it off. But that's it.

"My mother didn't like me in a bikini. Also the kind of work that I'm doing now in '3 Idiots' or Rensil D'Silva's film doesn't require that kind of exposure," Kareena told us.

With Kareena being extremely busy with her career and beau Saif Ali Khan, mom Babita has a lot of time on hand.

"She now does a lot of charity work with charitable institutions like the Mount Mary Old Age Home in Bandra and other places. She's a very giving woman. I should know. She sacrificed her own career and joys to bring up my sister and me," said the actress.

Not too many people know that Babita is half Christian.

"Her mother was a Christian and father a Sindhi. So we are as fond of the church as we're of the temple. Christmas is a big event for us," said Kareena.

Surprisingly, the actress is full of praise for her supposed archrival Priyanka Chopra.

"I don't know why so much is made of our rivalry. We're in totally different spaces. She does her own films. I do mine. Whenever we meet, she's really sweet to me. I don't understand why we're made out to be two squabbling sirens. Please, we're grown up women," said Kareena who has also kissed and made up with Aishwarya Rai.

As far as conducting a career goes, Kareena's role model is Aishwarya.

"I love the way she carries herself and the roles she's choosing after marriage. I'd like to follow that pattern when I get married," she said.

But that's a long way off. At the moment Kareena is just happy being with Saif.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger