Friday, October 16

I couldn't stop staring at Bipasha'


Mugdha Godse made a smash debut in Madhur Bhandarkar's Fashion, and landed quite a few movies in her kitty. One of them is this week's release All The Best, co-starring Ajay Devgn, Fardeen Khan, Sanjay Dutt and Bipasha Basu.

After showing off her glamorous side in her first film, Mugdha is all set to show off her comic side in this film. She tells Nithya Ramani what to expect.

What is All The Best about?

It is a madcap comedy, a complete entertainer with a lot of naach, gaana, action and comedy. I play a funny and very superstitious character called Vidya. She goes around giving out lucky charms and always places her phone in the north-west direction so that she can get good news. She spoils the fun for her friends, so they always want her out.

While I say action and comedy, I mean Ajay Devgn and Sanjay Dutt do all the fight sequences and we ladies -- Bipasha and me -- do all the screaming. You'll find it funny when you watch the film.

Since it is directed by Rohit Shetty, you can expect a lot of comedy. Of course, the film is incomplete without a mistaken identity crisis. Something happens and that results in great chaos and finally, everything gets sorted out.

Are you superstitious like your character?

I'm not as mad as Vidya. I do wear a couple of stones which I believe will bring me luck, like my astrologer says. I have been wearing them for six-seven years now and things have been going well for me, making me want to believe that they help.

This is a comedy film. Do you have a funny bone?

No. But I've watched all the seasons of Friends and have tried to copy their style. My friends find me funny -- I think that is because I am straightforward. But as an actor, you have to have all the qualities to be able to pull off any kind of role.

Image: Mugdha Godse

No comments:

Powered By Blogger