Friday, October 23

Now I'm just a credit title: Amitabh Bachchan

He sleeps for "four to five hours" a day, burns the midnight oil to blog and has a packed shooting schedule. But 67-year-old megastar Amitabh Bachchan insists he is neither the busiest person in the Hindi film industry nor an important part of any of his projects.

"I don't think that is entirely correct. I just do whatever is offered to me. I do films, I am now doing television ('Big Boss 3')," said Amitabh shrugging off the busy bee title.

"If you plan your day and time, you can find time to do all these things. If the body responds, it's fine. But sooner or later it's going to pack up, so might as well work while it's working," said Amitabh who squeezed in enough time to reply to 1207 SMSes that he received on his birthday last week.

Over four decades of excellent cinematic presence has made him a brand. Doesn't that overshadow others in a film?

"I don't think that is entirely correct. May be in the early years, they (audiences) came to watch my films because I was in it. But now I am just one of the credit titles. I am not that important," Bachchan told us in an interview.

"I am a part of the crew and the cast. Even in my early years, I used to think that. I think the product itself is more important. It's the film that is going to make you or your name or give you visibility. If that goes wrong then everything goes wrong. So one must work as a team so that the product works," he explained.

The actor stays awake till the wee hours to write his blog.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger