Wednesday, March 18

I am not ambitious: Nandita Das


After proving her mettle with power packed performances in films like 'Fire', 'Earth' and 'Bawandar', Nandita Das is ready to release her first film as a director.

The critically acclaimed actress says she is not ambitious at all and therefore, has no pressure of proving anything to the world with 'Firaaq'.

"I think not being ambitious frees me from the pressure of proving to the world. I would love to explore different genres and characters, but not those that defy my basic sensibilities and interests," Nandita said on why she prefers to stay away from mainstream cinema.

Considered one of the most sensitive actresses with films like 'Fire', 'Earth', 'Bawandar' and 'Ramchand Pakistani', the actress said she came into acting by default.

"I have instinctively anchored towards projects that I can relate to, that resonated with my interests, concerns and dilemma. I didn't grow up with mainstream cinema and I somehow never could relate to it," she told us in an interview.

For her, social activism, acting or even directing a film, all leads to the same goal to react to sufferings around her.

"I get affected by the sufferings around me and simply react to it in the way I can.’Firaaq' happened because I felt compelled to bring out certain stories," she said.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger