Thursday, January 15

I'd love to play Lord Krishna: Aamir Khan


Q. How come you are sporting a new and lean look?

My body is my instrument. I have to keep changing it according to the character’s demand. When I was trying to get eight-packs, I thought it was the most difficult job in the world. It took a lot of conviction to go through the training sessions. I now have to shed the eight packs for a lean look, and I feel becoming lean is more difficult.

Q. Can you tell us something about '3 Idiots'?

In '3 Idiots', I play a college guy. I am working for the lean look to look like a college student. I am trying to model my character in '3 Idiots' on Murugadoss (Laughs).

Q. How do you feel post the success of 'Ghajini'?

It feels great. I am not a number person, and I am completely ignorant about the business aspect. The appreciation is overwhelming. The entire team of ‘Ghajini’ has worked hard for the success.

Q. You had rejected 'Ghajini' when it was first offered to you.

I never rejected it. I liked the Tamil version of 'Ghajini'. I felt Salman Khan or Akshay Kumar was more suited for the action hero role. I talked to Surya about the role. He said, "Nobody would be able to do this as good as you can". I took on the role and the rest is history.

Q. What are your criteria for selecting a movie?

Main us ghode pe baithta hoon jo teda ho. I take the risk of choosing different scripts. When I did 'Taare Zameen Par', I never knew it would be such a big hit. When I saw the Tamil 'Ghajini' for the first time, I was on the edge of my seat throughout the movie. I felt happy during the sweet love story, sad when the lead actress dies, excited during the action sequences. I went through all the emotions, and that is what a good movie is all about. The emotions should be conveyed by the narration of the movie.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger