Monday, January 26

Mugdha Godse in Madhur Bhandarkar’s ‘Jail’


It is an honour for an actress to be repeated by Madhur Bhandarkar in his films and after Konkona Sen Sharma, Mugdha Godse has made it to the elite list after being signed on to play the main female lead in ‘Jail’. Again, it could be mentioned here that Mugdha has a three-film deal with Percept Picture Company and since this is a co-production of Percept Picture Company and Bhandarkar Entertainment, this would start her deal with the production house. The film’s shoot will start in February.
Madhur Bhandarkar confirmed the news saying, “Yes, Mugdha Godse has been signed for Jail. She really impressed me in Fashion and it was only right that I bring her in as a female lead in my next film. She is paired opposite Neil Nitin Mukesh.”
Mugdha is just too happy to be a part of the project and says, “I am in an even better position now with Jail since from ‘one of the leads’ in Fashion, I would now be playing a ’sole lead’. Everyone wants to see such progression and I am glad this is happening in quick time. Madhur sir has seldom repeated his heroines due to which I am even more excited that he has chosen to rope me in for the movie. It just shows that if you do hard work and demonstrate good enough potential, you would be noticed.”
Talking about Mugdha’s role in the film, Madhur says, “She would be having a semi-glam look in the film. That’s all I can say for now because anything more would only end up revealing the plot. At the moment, it would just suffice to say that Mugdha is not there in the film just for glamour value but she is also critical to the film’s plot.”

No comments:

Powered By Blogger