Wednesday, January 28

John Abraham in Anurag Kashyap’s ‘Bombay Velvet’

Well even after the no-show of ‘No Smoking’ at the BO, Anurag Kashyap has yet again roped in John Abraham for his next film titled Bombay Velvet. His current movie Dev D is just a forthnight away from its release and Kashyap has already started working on his next film.
Kashyap said, “John’s character is based on a real life hero of the masses from the 1960s. It’s a thriller based on real incidents. The idea was developed over the last four years with inputs from several renowned individuals including history professor Gyan Prakash.”

Kashyap said, “I haven’t worked with this kind of a budget before. I want to be sure of the script. After No Smoking, John and I want to make sure our film is accessible to the audience. I analysed myself and now I know where I had gone wrong with my earlier films. I am working on my weak points. I tend to get repetitive. So I have two writers who criticized me the most for No Smoking scripting Bombay Velvet.”

This film will also see Naseeruddin Shah and Kay Kay Menon in lead roles and will be produced by TV 18.

As of now the director is busy with the release of his next film Dev D and is also occupied with his new found girlfriend Kalki. “I’m very happy with Kalki. She has brought great stability to my life. Our relationship started with Dev D. I want her in my life but not necessarily in all my films.”

No comments:

Powered By Blogger