Friday, September 18

I suggest girls try their hand at cricket: Rani Mukerji

New Delhi, Sep 18 (IANS) She was not a cricket fanatic but after preparing for her role in the just released 'Dil Bole Hadippa!', Rani Mukerji has become a huge fan of the game. She not only wishes to go and watch it in the stadium, but also suggests that more girls should try their hand at the sport.

'It's a great sport to play... people say it's a gentleman's game but it is a ladies' game too because it is a lot of fun. I would in fact tell a lot of girls to try their hand in cricket,' Rani told IANS.

'I would also love to go and see a game now in the stadium because watching it there is much more exciting than watching it on TV. Now that I know the game, it's become pretty interesting for me to watch. Now I know there are so many ways to get out in the game other than what I knew of just a run out or a catch out.

'I wasn't into cricket at all. I would rarely watch a match if it was a very interesting one as I wasn't really educated in the game. When you don't know much about the game, you can't enjoy it,' Rani said.

She dons the garb of a Sikh in the romantic comedy to highlight a woman's aspirations for cricket. Playing the part involved 'rigorous training sessions' for Rani.

'I trained for six months in cricket and tried to learn it to the best of my ability because it was important for my character to know the game very well. I didn't even know how to hold the bat correctly. So for me, to start from there to hit the shot was satisfying.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger