Tuesday, September 15

Shahid Kapoor: HADIPPA is a complete contrast to KAMINEY


Even though he has worked in films across varied genres, the lover boy image seems to be stuck around Shahid Kapoor, courtesy his recent successes like KISMAT KONNECTION, JAB WE MET and VIVAAH.
"Even when I was on the verge of signing KAMINEY, people discouraged me. Since on paper itself it sounded such a different film, I was advised that I should follow a conventional route and do more love stories. People felt that I was on a wrong path by signing on something experimental when I should have rather consolidated my image as a lover boy. I am glad I took a firm stand though because I sincerely believe that audiences today want a change", explains Shahid.

He isn't turning his back away from romantic films though.

"They will also continue for sure", he smiles, "Now DIL BOLE HADIPPA is a complete contrast to KAMINEY with a lot of 'bhangra-shangra' and other related stuff. See, at the end of the day, I do want to do different kind of work and find acceptance in all spaces. It's just that I am not willing to restrict myself to a particular genre, especially in the times when change is the order of the day. Thankfully, audiences have become much more receptive to you being seen in a different avatar."

No wonder, in weeks to come, DIL BOLE HADIPPA would be followed by CHANCE PE DANCE.

"It's all fun though crazy situation to be in", says Shahid, "DIL BOLE HADIPPA will release on 18th September and a day after the film's release, I leave for USA. Then soon after I would be back to promote Ken's CHANCE PE DANCE. Meanwhile I am shooting for Parmeet Sethi film with Anushka Sharma. I don't really have time to breathe though honestly, it's a happy problem to be a part of!"

No comments:

Powered By Blogger