Thursday, September 24

Priyanka Chopra: I was insecure about playing multiple parts


Priyanka Chopra was initially quite ecstatic when being told by Ashutosh Gowariker that she would be playing all 12 roles in WHAT'S YOUR RAASHEE. However, as realization sunk in, she did eventually feel insecure and was wondering if the team would indeed be able to pull it off?
"It was quite funny actually because for first couple of days or so, I was so excited", recollects Priyanka, "However, I became a little insecure as I started realizing that each of these 12 girls had to be so different from each other in terms of looks and personality. See, when actors play multiple parts, they generally get some differentiation by means of age factor, prosthetics, their cultural background etc. In case of WHAT'S YOUR RAASHEE?, each of them was in the same age group except for one girl. Also, culturally there wasn't much difference since each of them was a Gujarati."

Director Ashutosh Gowariker agrees that Priyanka was indeed worried about playing 12 different characters.

"Her first reaction was that of thrill. She was like - 'Wow, this is mind-blowing. Nobody has done something like this before'", smiles Ashutosh Gowariker, "But after a day or two when all of this settled in, she said - 'Maine haan to bol diya hai but kareinge kaise [I have said yes but how are we going to do it?' I was very confident though that she could do it. She is very finely nuanced as an actress and gives a lot more for camera. She has been consistent in her approach for each of the films she has done so far."

"I do a lot of homework for my films", Priyanka says, "I did the same for this film and along with Ashutosh, I did a lot of reading and got those personality traits that were required for the characters. Now I am again nervous because I am keen to see whether audiences actually catch the nuances that make each of the girls different from the other."

No comments:

Powered By Blogger