Thursday, September 24

MAIN AURR MRS. KHANNA inspired by a true story


As per debutant director Prem Soni, MAIN AURR MRS. KHANNA is an absolute original script and not lifted from any American or European film. What's more, it is actually based on an idea that he got from a real life story.
"Around 4 years back, I had seen a close friend of mine going through a troubled marriage. He along with his wife were quite nervous about splitting and were actually trying hard to be with each other", remembers Prem, "The only emotion that bounded them together was that of love. And then there was a third angle to it as well; someone who was looking at them from a different point of view. This third angle was me."

After dropping this bombshell, Prem goes on to elaborate, "Looking at their story from my perspective, I thought that I could write it all well for big screen presentation. I dramatized it and played neutral to both husband and wife here. The way I looked at Mrs. Khanna was perhaps different from the way Mr. Khanna looked at her. This was the basic germ of an idea that I further went on to develop."

Once he presented the script to Salman, he immediately green lighted it.

"I was quite categorical in stating that this was an absolute original script with no references to Hollywood or European cinema. I went to Salman with a bound copy and as luck would have it, he was quite impressed and immediately on board", smiles Prem.

Reflecting on the incidents that happened 4 years back, Prem says, "See, at that time things were a little different as having a good job and a steady career were of paramount importance. Somehow there was a battle of love v/s career in my friend's life too. It's the same battle and different perspective as a resultant that has been explored in MAIN AURR MRS. KHANNA."

No comments:

Powered By Blogger