Wednesday, September 2

Sagarika Ghatge: The entire package of FOX was quite nice


For his entire life time, Amjad Khan was always known as 'Gabbar'. Salman Khan will eternally be remembered as 'Prem'. And each of the girls who did make their presence felt in CHAK DE INDIA will always have a 'Chak De Girl' tag attached to them. They may love it, detest it or become terribly bored about this after a while but the fact remains that the 'Chak De' angel (or ghost, in whichever way they may want this to be perceived), will always follow them along.
This is what is bound to be the case with Sagarika Ghatge too who played the role of Preeti Sabharwal in CHAK DE INDIA and is now getting ready for the release of FOX. So where was she over last couple of years?

"Honestly, after CHAK DE INDIA, there were a couple of concrete offers that came my way but I didn't end up doing them. I am so glad though about the decision that I took because neither would these films have ever worked for me nor did they eventually click at the box office too. These are things of the past though so its better I don't name these films. It won't be fair on my part", says Sagarika who now plays the role of a lawyer in this Deepak Tijori directed film.

Was it the lure of being paired with Arjun Rampal in the film that excited her?

"Of course Arjun was a big reason but then it was the entire package that looked quite nice to me", smiles Sagarika, "There is Sunny Deol as well which makes it doubly exciting for me to be seen in the same space. Moreover, the narration pretty much hooked me on too."

What's so special about that?

"Well, the whole story is so gripping while the narrative is that of a thriller. I have earlier experimented with sports and this would have been yet another experiment for me. The role that I play in FOX is very nice too. Urvashi, the character that I play, is someone who is the woman of today, is self independent and is also very reliant. By no means I would have let this offer go", asserts Sagarika.

One looks forward to see though that how has does her performance and film eventually turn out when FOX arrives on screen this Friday. Also starring Udita Goswami in a principal role along with Vipul Gupta, FOX is a production of Zee Entertainment Enterprises Ltd in association with Rohit Kumar Productions and Tijori Enterprises.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger