Thursday, September 3

Kkusum girl resurfaces in Three


The original Kkusum girl, who made the television soap a big hit, movied on from the spotlight soon after. Now, many years later, Nausheen Ali Sardar will make her film debut with Vikram Bhatt's production Three-Love, Lies and Betrayal.

The thriller revolves around adultery, as Bhatt penned in this column.

Nausheen talks to Rajul Hegde about the movie and why films are her priority right now.

How did Three happen?

I was not the original choice to play the character. The makers had selected a foreign actress but they weren't happy with her accent. Vikram Bhatt and [director] Vishal Pandya asked me to audition because they had seen my work on television. I auditioned and was selected.

What made you accept this film? Vikram Bhatt has been giving flops, and the rest of the cast -- Ashish Chowdhry and Akshay Kapoor -- aren't stars. Aren't you worried the film may not launch you properly?

It doesn't matter whether the director, actor or producer gives hits or not. What matters is to work with a potential actor, director and a producer. Vikram has given hits films like Ghulam and 1920. I am happy that I got to work with a renowned filmmaker. I would like to work with him in future too.

There is no flaw in the film, cast, director, producer or the script. When everything is so perfect, why would I get worried about my launch?

People have liked the film. Every character has been given equal footage. Ashish Chowdhry is playing a negative role for the first time and Akshay Kapoor is playing a married man for the first time. Both of them have done decent films before. It's not like they have done some C-grade films. Actually, it should be the other way around because they are doing a film with a newcomer like me.
Image: Nausheen Ali Sardar

No comments:

Powered By Blogger