Thursday, September 3

Wrestling with Eesha Koppikhar!


Following the footsteps of many Bollywood stars before her, Eesha Koppikhar has decided to extend herself to television once again after Nach Baliye. She will host 100 Percent De Dhana Dhan -- a wrestling reality show on Colors to be shot in South Africa.

De Dhana Dhan will pit Indian pehalwans with professional wrestlers from across the borders. It is based on an Argentinean show, Lucha. Indian wrestler Dara Singh will mentor the Indian wrestlers while actor Sharat Saxena will be a manager.

Eesha shares her experience with Rajul Hegde.

How did this show happen?

I got excited when I got a call from the production house of a sports-based show. I am passionate about taekwondo though my enthusiasm extends to all sports. The concept of having Indian wrestlers compete against foreign ones is unique and helps encourage the sport in the country. Wrestling, which is our age-old tradition, has got lost somewhere and needs to be brought back.

Why did you decide to host a wrestling reality show?

I am trained in martial arts and I love watching action -- live is even better. I've always wanted to be part of a sports-oriented show.

What does your role as an anchor entail?

My role is complex. I will be getting more involved with every episode. I play the coordinator between the two teams in terms of language. I am expected to observe the games and performances and help bridge the gap between all parties, the audience, the two teams and the mentors.

Watch 100 Percent De Dhana Dhan every Saturday and Sunday at 9pm on Colors.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger