Saturday, February 28

My role in 'Ravana' similar to Sita: Aishwarya


Aishwarya Rai, who is currently shooting for director Mani Ratnam's film "Ravana" here, said her character is not called Sita in the film that also stars her husband Abhishek Bachchan.

"The name of my character is not 'Sita'. I am playing a woman who has similarities with the Sita of 'Ramayana'," the actress told reporters at the press conference of her new Hollywood flick ?Pink Panther 2' here.

Aishwarya, however, refused to give further details about "Ravana".

"I can't give any details about ?Ravana' at the moment. You will have to wait and watch. All I can say that it is an intense film set in today's time and Mani has given a totally new perspective to the art of storytelling," she said.

Asked if she is paired opposite Abhishek, Aishwarya said they never played a conventional couple on-screen.

"We have never been paired opposite each other in the conventional way, apart from the film 'Kuchh Naa Kaho'. Be it 'Dhoom 2' or 'Sarkar Raj', it's not the conventional man-wife pairing. Even in 'Guru', the film revolves around Abhishek. So, by the time 'Ravana' happened, we have become used to this," she said.

"But, director Abhinay Deol has decided to cast us in his new film. Hopefully, the audience will see us romancing on screen there," she added.

Aishwarya said it is always a pleasure to act with Abhishek.

"It's always a pleasant experience working with actors like Abhishek. I am not saying it just because I am his wife, but the fact remains that he is one of the nicest co-actors I have seen so far," she said.

Talking about "Pink Panther 2", which has released in India Friday, Aishwarya said the film is a "joyride".

"Anyone who is familiar with English films and 'Pink Panther' will know what I mean when I say the film is a joy ride. Although I have a small role in the film, I said 'yes' only because I wanted to work with institutions like Steve Martin.

"Besides, I have highest regard for comedy because it is the most difficult emotion to portray on screen. ?Pink Panther 2' is an easy comedy and every one can watch it with family," she said.

The actress has been shooting for "Ravana" here since Feb 17. Abhishek is expected to join her soon. The shooting will continue till mid-March.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger